From its humble beginnings, Second Baptist has made noteworthy progress in the years intervening from 1905. The church was blessed with the following ministers who served as fulltime pastors, and each have contributed to the church's progress.Rev. Browne, Rev. C. M. Emory, Rev. J.W. Luck, Rev. B.R. Lawson, Rev. J. Dudley, Rev. W.T. Young. The son of the church was Rev. Leroy S. Chandler.
In 1941, Rev. Sylvanus S. Browne was called to pastor Second Baptist Church where he served for 32 years. The church was renovated and extended sixty percent larger to accommodate the congregation.
In 1973, Rev. Ezekiel G. Bey assumed the pastorate and through his leadership the congregation doubled in membership with many families and children.